Best Alternatives to AngularJS
AngularJS is a free and open-source front-end web framework for building single-page apps (SPAs) and a structural foundation for dynamic web apps. It allows you to utilize HTML as your template language and expand HTML’s syntax to represent the components of your application clearly and succinctly. Google created AngularJS in 2009. It is maintained mostly by Google and a community of individual corporations.
Over the last few years, AngularJS has been a prominent framework used by hundreds of websites or companies. Companies like Paypal, YouTube, Nike, Google, Sony, HBO, and several others have already realized its full potential. However, the AngularJS framework is on long-term support until December 31, 2021. As a result of COVID-19, It will reach the end of its life cycle.
Hence, it is time to look for better Angular.js alternatives. However, with so many options available in the market, many people have difficulties choosing an appropriate AngularJS alternative.
Hence, we have compiled a list of the most suitable AngularJS alternatives.
Top 6 AngularJS Alternatives
If you’re looking for AngularJS alternatives for your next web development project, we’ve put together a list of the best frontend frameworks for you.
The framework can be utilized as a base in the development of single-page or mobile applications. However, React is just concerned with state management and presenting that state to the DOM. Therefore, building applications using React usually requires the usage of libraries and some client-side functionality.
The most recent stable version of React is 17.0.2, which was released on March 22, 2021.
- Components are the building blocks of React code.
Vue.js has a flexible design architecture and focuses on declarative rendering and component composition. Vue.js out forms Angular in terms of size and as a full-features. The Vue project is far lighter than an angular-CLI-created project.
Vue.js 3.2.20 is the most recent stable version, which was released on October 8, 2021.
- It consists of computed properties, which is one of the important features of Vue.js. It aids in listening to changes in the UI components and doing the necessary calculations in response.
- It is lightweight, and offers excellent performance.
- Unlike some other AngularJS alternatives, this technology is relatively simple to comprehend and learn. Experienced developers will have no trouble working with it.
- This framework complies with templates before sending them to a browser. The loading speed of the tool is extremely rapid as a result of this feature.
Polymer.js is utilized by a variety of Google services and websites, including YouTube, the redesigned Google Earth, Google Play Music, etc. It allows developers to build unique elements using HTML and CSS.
Polymer 3.4.1, which was released on April 30, 2020, is the most recent stable version.
- js framework utilizes Google Material Design for building hybrid mobile apps.
- It designs reusable widgets in web documents and applications using web units standards.
Since it has been around longer than other frameworks on the market, it has a wide following. Also, many projects developed with it are available online.
The most recent stable version of Backbone.js is 1.4.0, which was released on February 19, 2019
- js makes your code easy to read, understand and maintain. It serves as a foundation of your for your project.
- js is a free and open-source library with over 100 extensions available.
Ember.js was first released in December 2011 as the SproutCore MVC framework, built by Yehuda Katz. It may also be used to create desktop and mobile apps using the hybrid app pattern. Apple Music (or i-tunes) is the most well-known example of an Ember.js desktop application.
- The HTMLBars template engine, a superset of Handerlbars’ templating engine, is used to implement the new binding syntax.
- It allows you to build a link between two attributes, and when one changes, the other is updated with the new value.
After a comprehensive discussion, you should have understood which framework is superior for a developer. It is a fact that some developers are completely devoted to AngularJS. However, there are several excellent choices for streamlining your workflow and quickly creating websites.
Each framework or library has its benefits and drawbacks. Therefore, you should choose a framework considering several essential factors such as popularity and market size, community, security, documentation, license, sustainability, and support. Also, you should choose a framework based on your project requirements.