Most people who possess conventional wisdom think that email marketing is now obsolete. However, the numbers prove otherwise. If you look at the study reports it shows several promising and surprising results. These studies showed that:
- In 2017 there were about 245 million email users in the US alone and this number steadily grew over the years.
- When you consider the worldwide figure, the number of email users is expected to reach up to a staggering 2.9 billion by the end of 2019.
- On the other hand, Gmail boasts over its current active users that have reached up to 1 billion across the globe.
Substantiating the usefulness of email marketing a Campaign Monitor Survey in 2016 showed that it is six times more likely to get a click-through if you use email marketing as opposed to any other social media channels such as Twitter or Facebook.
Integrating Instagram and email marketing
Therefore, email marketing is far from being dead and it is not going to be obsolete anytime soon. You can even raise its usefulness if you integrate it with Instagram, one of the most popular social media platforms that have more than 800 million active monthly users.
Such integration of Instagram and email marketing is considered to be the ideal and most productive business marketing effort. All you need is to be creative with your email marketing strategy to get the most out of it by fusing email with Instagram. You will be then able to harness the power of this most versatile and effective photo and video sharing app of today.
Integrating email marketing with Instagram is actually a no-brainer for any tech-savvy marketers. This integration will help you in many different ways such as:
- It will help you to boost your website traffic
- It will, in turn, result in increased conversion rate
- It will help you a great deal to build your brand
- It will create more brand awareness and loyalty among your users and
- It will improve the bottom line in today’s highly competitive business environment.
This merger will works for your business in the best possible way because it will help you to incorporate all useful social elements into your emails. This is not an easy task because:
- It requires a lot of precision and attention to every minute details
- An extensive knowledge about the market of your specific type of business
- Know the user behavior and demands and providing them with the best offer and value.
It is therefore recommended that you take help of experts such as Gramista or others to make your integration of Instagram and email marketing fruitful and high yielding.
Reasons to prefer Instagram
Since there are several useful social media platforms available for your use, you may now wonder why is it that you should integrate Instagram with your email marketing efforts. Well, there are several reasons for it as follows:
- When you add images and videos into your emails you will get higher chances to meet your business goals.
- Instagram is an image-heavy, video sharing and hash-tagged platform that will blend perfectly well with your email marketing campaign.
- Just as the numbers indicate, Instagram is clearly the best marketing force today provided you do everything right.
- If you add your active Instagram account with your business marketing you will be able to reduce the chances of your emails to be ignored by a significant margin.
- If you are creative enough it will boost the CTR or Click Through Rates as well as user engagement keeping with its promise of delivering engagement per user that is 58 times more than Facebook and an astounding 120 times more than Twitter according to a HubSpot Survey.
- This process will enable you to add the live social feed to the email marketing templates by including Instagram pictures and videos that are popular among the users resulting in an email blast.
- If you optimize your Instagram account profile you will be able to boost your email marketing campaign making it further effective and easier for your users to sign up. That means you will have a better chance of converting your Instagram followers into prospective leads.
- When you entice your users to sign up the form you will be able to gain a lot of info and unique insight into your followers for targeting your future marketing purposes.
- You will be able to nurture all your leads with the relevant content that will be essentially based on your customer insight. This will be easy for you when you continue to grow your email lists.
Therefore, in spite of the onslaught of all other creative and innovative digital marketing tools, email still rules supremely in online marketing. This is because email is core to all businesses and therefore it is wise and productive to integrate Instagram with the kit to get a boost in your brand, traffic to your site, visibility, sales as well as your business revenue.
How to use
Blending Instagram with your email marketing campaigns is like mixing a good wine to the right cheese. Both will function separately on their own but it will be more effective and result driven if you pair them together more strategically. Therefore, joining them cleverly is the key to deliver benefit for your business. Here are a few ways to power your email marketing campaigns with Instagram to drive more engagement:
- First, you will need to ensure that your emails stand out from the humongous number of more than 205 billion emails infiltrating different inboxes daily. Therefore, you will need to follow a customer-centric approach just for the good reason: It works.
- Make sure that your emails feature button links to different social media pages of your organization.
- Also make sure that you incorporate a live feed and make it more visually stimulating to make it more effective.
All these can be achieved with a few tweaks in the HTML code a bit of customization which your IT team can accomplish easily to realize engagement boosts with automatic update of the content through the live social feed.
Walter Moore is a notable management consultant and digital marketing expert. He is an experienced digital marketer and has helped e-commerce businesses in all niches gain Gramista with his effective marketing strategies and guidance.