At one point in time Flash cartoons were all the rage online and there was a ton of funny content. As time has passed the popularity of these SWF cartoons has waned somewhat, but there is still a lot of really amazing older SWF cartoons out there – along with several new interesting ones too.
Because all these SWF cartoons are essentially ‘streamed’ in a way, you can’t really download or save them on your PC so that you can watch them later or share them with your friends. Assuming you want to do that, you’ll have to look to Movavi Screen Capture instead.
Using Movavi Screen Capture you can record any SWF cartoons while they are playing on your screen, and subsequently save them in MP4 or any other format. To use it in this fashion and effectively convert Flash to MP4, you just need to:
- Launch Movavi Screen Capture and select ‘Record screen’ in the launch window.
- Draw a box over the SWF cartoon that you want to record using the cursor – or alternatively select the window where it appears.
- Make sure the ‘System Audio’ icon is highlighted in green so that the audio from the cartoon is recorded, or click it once if it is not.
- Check the ‘Microphone’ icon to make sure it is not highlighted so that audio recorded through a microphone doesn’t interfere.
- Click ‘REC’ when you are ready to record and play the SWF cartoon at the same time.
- Click ‘Stop’ when the cartoon is done or set the timer to match the duration of the cartoon that you want to record so that you don’t need to be present.
- Click ‘Save as’ and select ‘MP4’ as the format then choose a preset – or do the same with another video format if you prefer.
That is all there is to it – though if you want you can experiment with the other features in Movavi Screen Capture to record any keyboard and mouse actions, set the frame rate, or regulate the audio levels. In fact you could even trim out any unnecessary parts of the video that may have been inadvertently recorded.
Now that you know how to capture and save SWF cartoons from websites, you should have no problem storing or sharing them with others. In time you may even want to use Movavi Screen Capture to save other types of content too.