How to Backup AOL Email Files? Quick Glance on the Methods
User Query: I have various accounts on different email services to manage my data and keep it organized. AOL is one of these services and I want to move my data to local storage as backup. I don’t know how to backup AOL email files to my local storage. Can anyone please help me? I need a solution which does a lot of work in less time without any hindrances. Please suggest something!
In the above mentioned query, you can see that the user needs to create a backup of his/her data from AOL account and save it locally. Not just this, there are various other users who have different queries regarding the same.
This article focuses on solving such queries by offering solutions that are easy and useful. Find out the methods to backup AOL emails but before that, let’s learn a bit about AOL.
AOL, America Online, is an email service that can be used on both cloud and desktop. It provides users a storage of 25MB for file attachments and stored the data in PFC format. If you are a business owner, you may be using multiple email accounts.
Now, it is a wise decision if you choose to download your data as backup on your device to keep the data files safe from external threats.
But how? Let’s check out!
Methods on How to Backup AOL Email Files
We have here 3 simple methods to perform this operation in an easy way. First two methods are manual and the third method is the AOL Email Backup Tool.
Experts recommend using the software due to its accuracy and the safety it provides to the data of a user. It makes the process super easy and exports the files along with attachments in a small time-span.
- Print Message Feature
- View Message Source
- Backup Software (expert-recommended)
First, we will explain the manual methods to backup AOL emails and then we will take a look at the software.
Manual Method 1 – Download Emails to Local Storage Using Print Message
This method is performed by using the Print Message feature provided by AOL mail service. It allows you to print your email with attachments but the only drawback is that you can download emails one-by-one.
For those who want to export emails in bulk, it is suggested you go for the software. Follow the given steps to print the message:
- Go to the login page of AOL and enter the credentials for your account to learn how to backup AOL email files.
- Select the email you want to print and open it.
- Select the More button and choose Print Message from the extended list.
- The Save as PDF option is generally chosen already, if not, select it and hit
- Navigate to the location of the files and click on the Save button to complete the process.
Your message will be saved in the chosen location. If you want, you can perform this operation for more emails as well but you will have to repeat these steps.
Manual Method 2 – Backup AOL Emails Using View Message Source Feature
This solution can also be used for one email at a time. It is suitable only for a few emails and not more than 5-6 messages because then it becomes a tedious process.
Here are the steps for it:
- Login to your account with the correct email address and password.
- Open the email that you want to export.
- Click on the More option to select the View Message Source option from the menu to learn how to backup AOL email files.
- Press the Ctrl + S keys to save the file in the desired location and hit
- After that, go to the location where the file has been saved and change the extension to EML instead of TXT.
Then you can open your file and read the content inside it. However, this method may create confusion as it does not save the data with the subject name. Also, this method cannot convert emails in bulk making it a time-consuming process.
How to Backup AOL Email Files Using the Software?
As described above, the tool provides an easy-going procedure to download the emails in desired location. You can choose the formats like EML, MSG, MBOX, PDF, & PST to export files in and use them in the required email clients.
It also allows selective data migration via Date-Filter and helps retain server space using the Delete after Download option. Also, the folder structure is kept the same and the data is kept intact with no risk of data-loss or corruption.
Let’s find out how the tool can backup AOL emails only in a few minutes.
Steps of the Software to Backup Emails Locally
- Install the tool and fill in the sign in details for your AOL account. Hit the Login button to start the process.
- Choose the format from the Select E-mail Format section and choose the location that you want to save your data at in the Browse
- Select the Delete after Download option to remove the emails from your mailbox and regain space after learning how to backup AOL email files.
- Click on the Apply Filter option to enter the dates in the Date-filter and choose the folders you want to export your data from.
- At last, press the Start button to begin the procedure.
Many users have their accounts on multiple email services that allow you to manage your data easily. The methods explained in this article help you to do that without fail but the manual methods are not capable enough to export data in bulk.
This is why the software is the best possible way to learn how to backup AOL email files without failing or wasting a lot of time.