How to bring an Offline Canon Printer Online?
(Fast and Easy Method)
As we have seen, the computer is a mediator between the printer and the network, so any connectivity problem could cause this problem. Like poor connectivity between computer and printer or computer and network. This can also happen due to router issues.
By connecting the USB cable from your printer to your PC, you can print your documents. However, it happens that one or more print requests cause an error: the printer status then changes from “online” to “offline”, thus preventing other print requests. To solve this problem, follow this guide!
Instructions for PC
- Open the “Start” menu and click on the “Peripherals and Printers” icon to consult the list of printers connected to your computer.
- Click on the icon of printer that you want to put online.
- The printer status will display ” Printer- Offline” or ” Printer- Ready”.
- Next, tap on the “Printer Offline” icon to see the Printer menu.
- In menu bar, you have to click on “Printer”
- Uncheck “Use printer offline” to change the status of the printer offline online.
Steps to follow:
- Open the windows Start menu from there click “Printers and Faxes”.
- By clicking this will open a window with a list of the printers currently installed on your computer.
- Double-click icon of the printer that you want to switch to online.
- A pop-up window will open, here you can see list of all the current print jobs queued.
- Access the printer from menu bar from popup window then uncheck the option “Use the printer offline”. This action will take the printer offline online.
Here, your Canon printer offline is fixed and operational again!
Canon Offline Printer Windows 7
CANON printers make life easier for office and school users. As such, you can print anywhere without any hassle. The only drawback of the CANON printer is that it is an electronic device and it is obvious that there are problems. CANON printer errors are easily resolved using the step-by-step guide. Usually the only error that occurs is why the CANON printer is offline.
We have experts who are skilled and talented technical professionals who ensure that the best services are provided to customers.
Fix – why the CANON printer offline Windows 7
- Check that the network cable is free from faults and that it is correctly connected.
- Check that the router and switch cables are properly coupled.
- Now restart the laptop or any other computer and hold it until it is restarted.
- Reattach the power cable to the back of the printer and plug it into the wall outlet.
- Turn on the printer by plugin power cable or by pressing power button.
Try to print.
Give printing instructions to see if your printer is online. If not yet then, go to the next technical step.
Ultimately, instead of wasting more precious time, just connect with the technical experts at CANON printers. Most people don’t know how to fix printer problems offline.
What to Do if CANON Printer Offline 8?
However, to turn the online printer from the offline printer and want to know how to fix this issue? CANON is a world-renowned company that deals with many technological gadgets such as phones, printers and other devices. The most demanding and best-selling product is its printer. These are important tools for a job and a professional home, which makes work easy and straightforward.
And to improve the usability and performance of the printer, the company adds key features such as WiFi connectivity, wireless connections, and more. So, in this article, we will help you with appropriate solutions to the problem you are facing.
Are you aware that CANON offers a free tool (CANON Print and Scan Doctor) to help you diagnose and resolve printing errors? If you haven’t downloaded it yet, you can take the next step to resolve the printer issue.
Restart the Print Spooler service
If you receive the Printer Offline message, you may be able to resolve it simply by restarting the Print Spooler service.
Your printer uses this service to print, and by restarting it, you can fix this problem. To do this, follow these steps:
- First, press the Windows key + R and enter “services.msc”, then press Enter or click OK.
- open services.msc
- When the Services window opens, locate the Print Spooler service, right-click it, and choose Restart from the menu.
- Restart the printer spooler service
After restarting the Print Spooler service, check if the issue still appears. Keep in mind that this might not be a permanent solution, so you’ll have to repeat it if the issue reappears.
Connect and fix CANON printer offline Windows 10
The printer is one of the most practical and necessary outputs for all office and control tasks. Although this is a common element at present, at times we are in the state of “Offline”, which prevents us from performing print jobs the way they should be:
- Step 1: Press the “Windows + I” keys to open the Settings window, then choose Devices.
- Step 2: Choose the Printers and Scanners tab, then select a printing device. Click on that printing device and choose Open Queue.
- Step 3: In the new window, click on Printer and uncheck Use printer offline.
The first option available is to access the device manager in Windows 10 using one of the following options:
- Right-click on the Start menu or use the + X keys and from the drop-down list select the Device Manager option.
Enter the term devices in the Windows 10 search box and from the options displayed, select the administrator. In the window displayed, we go to the Action menu and there, we select the Devices and printers line:
- Another option to access this location is using the following path: Control Panel\ Hardware and Sound\ Devices and Printers
The following will be displayed where we will right-click on the faulty printer and select the option See what is being printed, that’s it.
CANON Printer Offline Mac
How to fix CANON printer offline on Mac system to come back online? If you are looking to get rid of your CANON printer offline on mac problems, you should try our method once, allowing you to find your difficulties and solution together without having to go to the printer maintenance office or other resources.
Once you’ve added a network or USB printer to your Mac, you can start sending documents to print. However, occasionally a print command creates an error for the printer and can take it offline, preventing future jobs from being printed. To resolve this issue, you will need to change the settings for the offline printer online.
Instructions for CANON printer offline Mac
- Click “Apple Menu” then from there select and click on “System Preferences icon”.
- Now just click on “Printers and Faxes” from the “Materials” section.
- Select the printer that you want to put online from the list that appears on the left side of your screen, then click the “Open print queue” button.
- Then click on the “Resume” or “Resume printing” icon at the top of the waiting list to change the status of the offline printer online.