Google is forever and always changing their factors when it comes to what affects ranking in the results for specific searches. You should make sure that you are keeping up to date with what the latest factors are that would affect your rank, including those that deal with featured snippets. These are one of the best ways to increase your rank and you should make sure that you are aware of some of the main factors that Google would take into consideration.
Ranking Factors for Featured Snippets
You would want to ensure that you know what the featured snippets are before you think about the ranking factors. These are often the content that is in the zero position when the result for your keyword search comes up and they normally take up the most amount of space. This is where Google is going to give you the answers they think are best for the question that you might have answered.
Here are some of the ranking factors that you would need to consider, including the top 10 factors that are considered, such as:
- Using Google to find the opportunities where featured snippets are required, which means searching for your own keywords and questions to see what comes up. If there aren’t any featured snippets, then try to get your page in the 10 slots so the chances are better.
- Use Answer the Public to find new and required content ideas that customers are interested in so you can address it and answer their questions easily.
- Do your keyword research so you can find out which keywords have featured snippets and which ones don’t and which ones you would want to be focusing on
- Have your content answer more than just one question at a time with relevant topics, but make sure that you are fully answering the original question at the same time
- Use only the recommended word count, which is somewhere between 40 to 50 words maximum
There are plenty of ways that you can optimize your featured snippets so they are more likely to be picked up by Google when they require one. Having the best content is just one of the ways that you are going to become the featured snippet and this might also be easier if you optimize your snippets. Some of the top methods that you can use to do this includes:
- Optimize your content since most of the featured snippets are from the top 10 slots in the search results
- Center all of the content that you are creating around a single question that is commonly asked in your industry and that the customer would be interested in knowing
- Focus on the question that you are talking about throughout the entire content and don’t get distracted or talk about other topics, but instead use links in the content so they can go to another page if they want
- You can also answer any related questions that might come up regarding this topic, but you should try to answer the extra questions at the end of the content
- Use questions in your headings since they would entice the readers to click on your link and lets them know what you are going to be answering so they can decide if they want to click on your link or not.
These are all important factors and you should make sure that you are aware of how you can become the featured snippet on Google. Ensure that you are using all of these tips so that you can fully optimize your featured snippet and so that everyone would know that your information is the best.
Go ahead and ensure that you are thinking about how your site and content can take over the featured snippet spot. There is so much that you want to consider, including answering the burning questions that your readers might have. This is important so ensure that you are finding out what questions they have and that you are answering them completely in language that everyone can understand. Getting the featured snippet spot is the goal of everyone, so make sure to use these tips to help you get there.