Save Gmail Thread as PDF – Preferable Methods for Exporting Emails
Sometimes, there is a need for users to save Gmail thread as PDF for various reasons that will be mentioned in this blog. Along with that, you will find the solutions to download these email threads. Stick till the end of the blog to find the best results.
Why would users want to download their data as PDF and not other file formats? Well, the reasons for the same are mentioned below:
- PDF can easily download all the attachments along with the mail body and can be accessed on mobile phones.
- It is a flexible file format which is accessible on all the platforms which is majorly why users prefer to save Gmail thread as PDF.
- It is also the only format that can be used in courts as proof or in legal matters.
Now, how can one download these email threads in bulk if so required? That is a question that will be answered in the upcoming section with an utterly useful solution.
There will also be a manual method mentioned to give users a choice if in case they want to download only one email thread and are looking for a free native solution.
Proficient Solution to Save Gmail Thread as PDF
This method is the best option for a user to download multiple email threads without going through any kind of trouble. To make full use of this solution, you just have to download the Gmail Backup Tool and keep reading more to understand the features offered by the tool and working of it.
There is no other way to export the email threads in bulk which is time-saving or successful like this one. Learn the features offered by the software and understand why this is the best option to be used.
Let’s now take a look at the features of this wizard to save Gmail thread as PDF as listed below:
- This application allows the users to download the email threads along with emails in PDF file
- Feature for multiple email threads exportation is also offered by the tool
- There is an option to save the attachments including Google Sheets, Spreadsheets, Images, Slides, Videos etc.
- Select the filters to download emails specific folders as per your requirement
- Choose to save selective emails from with the help of the Date-Filter feature
- Report of the Exported data can be generated in a CSV file format
- Maintain Folder Hierarchy option is offered to keep the original structure of the folders the same
These are the key features that the software offers to the users. Moving to the working of the tool to help users save the emails easily and in bulk.
Save Gmail Threads as PDF Using the Software
- Download the application and launch it on your desktop. Input the login details for your Gmail account and hit Login button.
- Mark PDF radio button to choose it as the export type and click on the Browse button to decide a destination location for the end result.
- Choose the Delete after Download option and click on the Yes button when a warning pop-up appears.
- Select the Apply Filter option to set the date and category filters for selective data transfer.
- In the final step, press the Start button and wait for the procedure to finish.
In the filters, you have to choice to archive only the selective emails by choosing the folders you want emails threads to be downloaded from. Also, set a date-range from which you want to save the data by selecting a From and To date.
Now, let’s take a look at the manual method to save Gmail thread as PDF.
How Does the Manual Method Help in the Same Field?
Here, the instructions given below will tell you how a thread can be downloaded:
- First of all, log in to your Gmail account.
- After that, select the email thread you want to download and click on the Print All icon.
- Now, choose the Save as PDF option in the Destination field.
- Click on the More Settings option to mark Headers and Footers option and choose if you want to add the Background Graphics option. Hit Save.
Once you have completed the process, you will find the email thread saved on your system. Even though this seems like an easy task but it becomes really tiring and annoying when it comes to saving multiple email threads.
You will have to perform this process separately for all the emails you want to save. Also, the attachments will not be saved along with the email messages, an option to download the attachments separately will be provided.
The reason why users want to save Gmail thread as PDF is mostly because PDF is a cross-platform compatible file format. This making it accessible on any platform is what attracts the users most towards downloading their data as PDF. Now, if it is about a few email threads with no attachments, the manual method can be used.
If not, it is recommended to the users that they use the software as mentioned to download the threads as there is an option to save multiple emails along with there associated attachments. This is what makes this software a better choice for exporting the email threads.