What makes IT Project successful– Development, UI, or QA?
Major factor to consider for successful project – Software Development or User Interface?
Software development is defined as a process of creating and maintaining frameworks and applications which assist to grow your business’s productivity.
In today’s technology era, software development is essential for success in any kind of business. No matter your business is in which sector or it is small or big, it can most definitely benefit from software development in one way or another. And this is one of the essential reasons why most businesses look for the best Software Development companies for their Application development.
What is the importance of Software development?
Apart from increasing productivity, software development also improves your business in several aspects such as –
- Minimizing costs on various factors such as licenses, training, and upgrades if required and possible.
- Business would lead with better flexibility.
- You would experience the fine quality business.
- It also helps in providing competitive benefits compared to other businesses in your domain.
Software development is an essential factor in the success of the project. It is an umbrella term used to refer to the whole process which includes many tasks such as programming, documenting, testing, and maintenance that concern both the creation and the maintenance of frameworks and applications. According to the methodology used by the software company, this phase may be conducted in time-boxed “sprints,” i.e. Agile process or may proceed as a single block of effort i.e. Waterfall Model. The result of this stage is testable, functional software.
What is the significance of UI (User Interface)?
Conversely, User Interface design is also a crucial factor for project success. An optimized User Interface plays a vital role in not only bringing in high volumes of relevant traffic but also creating stickiness. The main purpose of User Interface design is to make the interface as smooth as possible and convey a clear message or intention to the customers. Few basic characteristics optimal user interface are appealing graphics, lightweight UI elements, appropriate functionality when required, proper spacing of icons, organized layouts, consistency across elements, proper screen fit, and good typography among other features. It creates a strong link between your website or application and your customers.
What reasons make User Interface more essential?
- Good User Interface enhances businesses – The branding, layout, graphics, tab and button placement, typography usage, color scheme, white space, and all other such design-level components determine how well the website or application interacts visually with the user.
- User Interface builds consumer confidence – Stable User Interface ensures that your content is showcased in a delectable platter that attracts the customers it is intended to gratify.
- Improves productivity – Better customer experience leads to productivity enhancements. Modern businesses, digital marketers, and developers put in a lot of thought into the ideal navigation based on business type, products, or services offered and the customers.
- Usability aspects or functionality of the Website/App are essential factors – The usability aspects or functionality of a website or application are integral to its short or long-term success. Usability is the foundation of a good interface and can go a long way in ensuring amazing customer experience.
- Minimize Development time- If the user interface design is properly done then it could save further hassles and a lot of development time. It has been found that 50 percent of development time is spent on fixing issues or debugging that could have been easily avoided.
With technology changing rapidly, every organization, small or big, must embrace User Interface design as a consistent part of a long-term business strategy, and no more as a one-time event. It is the reason software development companies either see success or failure. It is the one aspect of your project development that you should not ever skimp on or underestimate.
Manual vs Automation Testing. Which is ideal for a Software Industry?
Automated or Manual testing is an important part of every Software Development company today. Talking about mobile applications or Web applications or websites, Code testing is an important role. In matters to save money and time, one should plan which testing method to choose either Automation or Manual testing.
Testing is a very crucial part of any software project. Hence, Strategic testing methodology is to ensure the Quality Assurance of the product or application and it is good to use.
Every code testing method has its advantages and disadvantages. So let’s begin by describing each testing method in detail.
What is Manual Testing?
- Manual testing is a process where testing of the software is performed manually by a software tester. It is performed at a time to find out bugs in the software while under-development of the software.
- While in manual testing, the tester checks every feature of the software or application. During this process, the software testers perform test cases and generate test reports without any assistance of automated software testing tools.
What is Automation Testing?
- Automation Testing is a process where the tester writes down the code or the script for automating test performance. The tester uses relevant tools for testing to develop the test scripts and validate the software. The core objective is to complete the procedure quickly.
What are the pros and cons of Automated and Manual Testing?
- Automation, as well as Manual testing, comprising two huge sectors. Every category can be subdivided into testing techniques such as white-box and black-box testing, system testing, load testing, performance testing, or integration testing. Let’s go through the advantages and disadvantages of both strategic testing methodologies.
- Reliability: Manual testing is less reliable as it can’t be accurately performed because of human errors whereas Automation Testing is more dependable because it is performed by scripts or tools.
- Practicality: Manual testing is practical as tests are run once or twice and a frequent outbreak is not mandatory whereas Automation testing is more practical and choicer to run the test for a longer time.
- Speed: Manually testing is slower as it has human efforts as compared to this Automation testing is much speedy as it uses the software.
- Human Observation: Manual testing allows human interaction which may help if the objective is understandable and better customer experience whereas in Automation testing doesn’t allow any human involved in the process so less understandable and progressive customer experience.
- Cost-effective: Manual testing is a cheaper solution as compared to the Automation testing as training cost is considered in it.
When should we consider Manual and Automation testing?
Manual testing is considered in the following scenarios:
- Ad-Hoc testing: It is an unplanned testing method where the insights and understanding of the software tester is an important factor.
- Exploratory testing: It requires human skills for executing the testing procedure.
- Usability testing: It is a measure of how efficient, user-friendly, and convenient the product or software is for its end-user.
Automation testing is considered in the following scenarios:
- Regression testing: It is convenient as it allows frequent changes in the code and processing reversing on time.
- Load testing: It is the best way to complete the testing accurately when it comes to loading testing.
- Repeated testing: It requires repeated task execution.
- Performance testing: It needs the stimulation of thousands of users.
Both of these code testing techniques have their pros and cons. That being said a combination of both is the ideal way to get the best out of them so many companies and organization prefers to use both in the company as both have their respective pros and cons.
Different approaches could give the best result but the blended mixture of fine UI, development, and testing strategies would lead you to the incredible success of the software project.
Kapil Panchal is working as a Digital Marketing Manager in a reputed Custom Software Development Company. Being a technical writing enthusiast and a goal-oriented individual with honed communication skills, He has served in the Information technology, Services, and Product industry. Having a high-energy level, He absolutely love what he do and he is passionate about being better every day.