Have you begun considering developing modern-web applications? If not, it’s probably high time to consider since your competitor has already started the development of dynamic applications over different platforms such as desktops, tablets and smartphones. There was a time when having such a strong online presence wasn’t given much importance. Fortunately, that’s not the case anymore.
The era of PHP development began way back in 1994 and since then it seems to be no turning back. This one is an open-source server-side scripting language that is not simply used but adored by developers across the globe for conducting seamless web development projects. In addition, PHP is more kind of a general-purpose language that can give an instant boost to any and every web development project.
Earlier PHP was known for Personal Homepage and now it is a popular acronym for Hypertext Preprocessor. Launched 26 years ago, it has managed to face death and rise from the ashes and is known for supporting high-traffic websites like Facebook and Wikipedia. Further, I would like to mention some basic advantages of using PHP.
- It is an open-source language
- Easy to learn
- Highly compatible
- Platform Independent
- Large and active community
- Regular updates and adhering to the latest trends
Staying a cut above or even in order to survive in today’s cut-throat digital landscape is quite difficult. Not just large corporations but even mid-size businesses are unable to neglect these cutting-edge technologies and conduct a successful enterprise web development project. When you do so, what happens is, you are able to create positive user experiences, enhance customer satisfaction and optimize company efficiency. So what exactly is enterprise web development? Well, if you end up creating any website such as corporate websites or web apps or enterprise-based software then it comes under enterprise web development. In comparison to any normal web application development project, an enterprise web development project is said when you end up developing a website or an application for the business.
When you invest in an enterprise web development project it successfully means you can customize the company’s website pretty seamlessly. Here you are bound to get all the features and functionalities you need, be it an in-depth checkout process or seamless inventory management, etc. Whatever you want, can be done with enterprise web development solutions.
Another major benefit of conducting an enterprise web development project is that it offers an amazing user experience. As mentioned above, most enterprise development projects tend to be thoroughly customized and personalized so your end users are going to love it anyway. For instance, let’s say your end users don’t like having a lengthy checkout procedure then with the help of enterprise web development enables you to create a simplified checkout process. So when shoppers buy your products they end up being happy and satisfied and even might end up spreading words on your behalf. When you end up delivering the best user experience, your business will definitely succeed in terms of leads and sales.
Enterprise Web development ensures to deliver a great return on investment. When you develop a website which is loved and adored by your target audiences, what happens is leads will increase which automatically results in increased sales and therefore, increased revenue on investment is possible. You see more and more people are bound to stay on your site and might end up spreading the word on your behalf.
- So if your website provides a positive user experience?
- If it turns out to be highly functional and great in performance?
- If it has the ability to handle high traffic and is highly secured?
- And if it has the potential to scale higher with the growing company, then this can be possible only when you are able to conduct a successful enterprise web development project.
So if you are craving for an instant global reach, and robust digital presence, enhanced business efficiency, branding, and responsive development, then enterprise web development is your way to proceed. Now comes the big question, why one is supposed to choose PHP for conducting their enterprise web development project?
Many of you have this misconception that PHP is dead or has been condemned to death not once but very many times but what you may not know is that PHP is such an exclusive or exceptional technology that has managed to rise from the ashes and gained the top spots in the development realm. You will have to admit the fact that PHP seems to have gained pretty much popularity in comparison to its competitors.
One of the obvious reasons to consider PHP for your upcoming enterprise web development project is that it turns out to be pretty cost-effective. You see PHP is such a technology that is open-source in nature and therefore anyone can make the most of it. And since it is free to use and can be easily customized. So what’s left? Well, all you need to do is hire a reliable PHP development company that has a proven track record of delivering the best possible solutions from their space. It may also interest you to know that there are no additional maintenance costs with PHP. So you see developing a dynamic web solution for your business is not really that hard.
Choosing PHP as your tech stack means you get to work with a wide variety of top frameworks for conducting a successful enterprise web development project. Let us get a bit acquainted with what they are.
- Laravel Framework – One of the best and the most popular PHP frameworks to consider is Laravel. This one was launched back in 2011 and since then it seems to have gained an immense amount of popularity. No wonder it is one of the leading open-source frameworks available across the globe. Apart from this, the PHP framework is known for offering a wide range of security features and functionalities and has the potential to personalize web applications with flawless syntax and best coding practices. Overall, the development time is reduced and coding can be done in an extremely efficient manner. Some of the most exciting features of Laravel include:
- High MVC supportBuilt-in Authentication and AuthorizationPackaging systemMultiple File SystemArtisan ConsoleEloquent ORMTemplate engineWebsocket Programming
All the aforementioned features make the Laravel framework worth considering for all types of web and enterprise application development projects.
- CodeIgniter Framework – The next intimidating PHP-based framework to consider is CodeIgniter. No wonder technology keeps on advancing every now and then and the following PHP framework turns out to be one of the best creations ensuring high-end stability and performance at the same time. Of course, you will come across a variety of open-source platforms when it comes to conducting a successful web or enterprise web development project. Over the years since its inception, the open-source framework has been pretty much in use for developing dynamic and robust websites. Still, wondering why CodeIgniter is in vogue?
- Secured framework
- Simpler Configuration
- Great Testing Facilities
- Easy to use
- Precise Documentation
- User-friendly Interface
On and all, developing large-scale dynamic and secured web applications can be insanely tricky. Well, thank god, we have such an amazing range of technological advancements that streamlines our entire journey of app development.
- Symfony – The next interesting PHP framework to consider is Symfony. Though this one is a feature-rich backend framework that is meant to build complex applications. The framework offers a wide range of tools and technologies for developing highly scalable web applications. And not just that, Symfony ensures high-end support for multiple environments and a robust caching system. Some of the most attention-grabbing features of Symfony include:
- Highly flexible and scalable
- Seamless customization
- Large and active community
- High-end sustainability
- Easy to use
- Seamless Testing
- Easy to deploy and maintain
Since its inception, Symfony seems to have successfully established itself as the best choice for not just web development but enterprise web development as well. It doesn’t matter whether you are planning full-stack development or willing to go brick-by-brick with a selective range of features and functionalities, a microframework for incorporating only a specific range of functionalities without doing everything from scratch, Symfony is an absolute choice to consider.
- Yii – Last but certainly not least comes Yii. This one is also a free and open-source PHP framework that is highly known for conducting successful web development projects. Yii is highly recommendable for websites featuring high traffic, basically e-commerce-based websites and forums. Some of the most attention-grabbing benefits offered by Yii include:
- Short and quick development
- Enhanced security
- Easy to get started with
- Easy to Configure
- Making the most of modern technologies
- Highly extensible
- Large and active community support
Yii can be successfully integrated with tough-looking eCommerce portals or content management systems and definitely offers certain nerve-cracking benefits like never before.
The third and one of the most thrilling reasons to consider PHP for your upcoming enterprise web development project is security. You see this is something that cannot and shouldn’t be ignored at any rate. In today’s most-crucial times when security breaches keep on happening every now and then, you need a tech stack that ensures high-end security and safety in the long run. After all, you have this huge responsibility of ensuring that all the crucial and confidential information is not leaked into the hands of bad guys at any cost. It may also interest you to know that PHP offers immense assistance in hashing and encryption to protect sensitive data such as passwords, credit card numbers, etc.
Apart from amazing security, PHP consists of a large and active community support. So in case, if the developer gets stuck he or she can seek to the community featuring highly experienced programmers and veterans for assistance. Also, you will find a wide range of tutorials, documentation, and code snippets.
And we are certainly done for the day! So now exactly you know why PHP must be considered for conducting enterprise web development projects. I hope you did find the post worth the read. In case, if you have any doubts or queries, feel free to mention them in the comment section below.